My name is Christian Laki (B.Mus.) and I am a professional full-time musician, composer, and music tutor based in Ultimo, Sydney.
With over 30 years of experience as a musician, composer, and music teacher, I am offering individually tailored music lessons in the following areas:
- Bass Guitar Lessons
- Guitar Lessons
- Singing Lessons
- Keyboard Lessons
- Song Writing Lessons
- Language Lessons
Lessons are held in my air-conditioned studio located in the UniLodge Complex in Ultimo, opposite the Broadway Shopping Centre with ample parking in the parking station as well as public transport via bus or train at nearby Central Station.
- Over the past 30 years I have studied several styles of guitar, bass guitar, double bass, piano, song writing, lyric writing, composition, arranging, singing, music technology, and production with renowned Australian musicians and composers such as Ricardo Andino, Ron Philpot, Craig Scott, Alistair Spence, Sandy Evans, Gordon Kerry, and Anna Pimakhova at respected institutions such as The Sydney School of Spanish Guitar, The Australian Institute of Music, Sydney Conservatorium of Music, and University of New South Wales.
- During my performing days I performed at prestigious venues such as The Soup Plus, Harbourside Brasserie, Real Ale Café, UNSW Roundhouse, Clancy Auditorium UNSW, Footbridge Theatre, Bar Broadway, and The Hopetoun Hotel, most of which are sadly no longer around.
- I had the pleasure to perform alongside notable jazz musicians such as Richard Maegraith, Alistair Spence, Alon Ilsar, and Tim Firth.
- With my last indie rock band The Chagalls we regularly performed shows around Sydney and our debut single Lost in Touch received airplay on both Triple J radio and SBS television as it was included in the TV comedy series Swift and Shift Couriers.
- After 20 years of having had several of my own indie rock bands, I am now focusing on composing music for media, in particular music for film and television. I am currently undertaking a Masters in Film Music Studies at The Australian Institute of Music in order to further persue this area of interest.
- I currently have several contracts with sync licensing companies both in Australia and overseas for the use of my songs and music which have been receiving airplay worldwide as well as short films and trailers that have received worldwide screenings at international film festivals, etc.
- Full Contemporary Member of The Music Teacher’s Association of NSW (MTA)
- Writer Full Member of the Australian Performing Rights Association (APRA)
- Member of the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS)
Accreditations and Licences
Bachelor of Music (UNSW)
Certificate in Small Business Operation (TAFE)
Working With Children Check (NSW Government)
50 711 906 927